- Have no children under 5 years old in the home.
- Be comfortable with the concept of ‘crate training’ or have demonstrated an ability to housetrain a puppy without using crate training.
- Be able to to be home at least every four hours for the first three months.
- Live in North Carolina or be willing to travel from a neighboring state. WE DO NOT SHIP PUPPIES – there are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule.
- Be willing and able to return the pup to us if the adoption does not work out.
- Be committed to raising the puppy as a primarily indoor dog. Puppies left outside are not interacting with the family and will never learn proper ‘house manners’.
- Be committed to taking a training class when the puppy reaches six months. This is not an absolute requirement, but is a strong recommendation.
How puppy adoptions are different than adult adoptions:
- We do not do trial adoptions for puppies. The full $350 and final contract must be completed upon delivery of the puppy.
- Puppies will be microchipped, and given their 1st round of shots. Subsequent shots, including a rabies vaccine, and medical care are the responsibility of the new owners. We will also reimburse $50 of the cost of a spay or neuter after proof of the procedure is provided.
Adopt a Beagle Puppy
Start by filling out our adoption application. Please note – you must select the puppy age group in the age interest question and fill out all of the puppy specific questions in the puppy section that is added once the age group is selected.